importing old GnuCash files

Matthew Weymar matthew.weymar+tech at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:58:14 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 03 February 2011 21:56:37 Matthew Weymar wrote:
>

> > I assume - but have to ask - that I cannot open these files in the
> current
> > version of GC via copy and paste.
> >

> Well, depends which version of GC created that file; it might be as simple
> as
> File->Open.

Which?

~/.gnucash/qif-accounts-map?...

That didn't work -- but if it would need other files to work, that might not
be definitive.

Give it a try and report back - don't suppose you can remember which
> version of GC you used on the old machine?

Whatever was current in June '07 - so 3.5 years ago.

I've opened the qif-accounts-map in a text editor, but it does not include
any version info.

I see that v. 2.1.3 was released June 2, 2007. It could have been that, or
2.1.2 - or earlier, I suppose, but not likely -- and obviously not later, ;)

Is one of those still accessible?... If so, does anyone know what
files I would need to put where in order to open them?...

Thanks,
Matthew