Problems with qif import

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 11:02:02 EST 2011

Hello!

I am writing my own scripts to import my statements into gnucash. For
now, I have decided to write to the Qif format, since that seemed to
be the easier format to write. However, I am now encountering problems
when importing the resulting file. The error message I get when
importing it with the Qif importer is

Credit limit: unrecognized or inconsistent format

I am using Gnucash 2.4.2 for MacOSX, snowleopard.

An example of what I am trying to import:

<top of file>
!Type:Bank
!Account
NAssets:D_Lønnskonto
^
D2011-01-20
T-289.0
PDEKNING KONTAKTLINSER
LAssets:D_Regning:Kontaktlinser
MDEKNING KONTAKTLINSER
^

[cut a bit to show a different example]

!Account
NAssets:D_Underskuddskonto
^
D2011-01-20
T-5000.0
PNEDBETALING NAF CARD
LLiabilities:CreditCards:CarCards:NAFCard
MNEDBETALING NAF CARD
^
D2011-01-20
T-1000.0
PNEDBETALING EXPERT
LLiabilities:CreditCards:HouseRelated:GEMoney
MNEDBETALING EXPERT
^

The accounts that are used in these are exist within the account
hierarchy that I am importing into.

TIA

Karin
karin.lagesen at gmail.com