simple credit card breakdown of expenses

David Afshartous dafshartous at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 19:19:01 EST 2011

All,
Just downloaded GNUcash.  I've been looking through the help manual to try to
find some instructions for my goal of using GNUcash to:
- have a single account for my credit card
- upload my credit card statement as a QIF file
- and run a budget report on this upload to breakdown the charges into
predefined categories
I've tried to get GNUcash to to this but have been unsuccessful so far.
Is there simple workaround to manage this w/o using all of the other features of
account reconciling that GNUcash offers?
Thanks!
David