date completion

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Thu Jan 6 12:32:50 EST 2011

Yes, it looks like that is not going to break in 2100. It seems that
GnuCash interprets 1/1/62 as 01/01/1962, and 12/31/61 as 12/31/2061.
So it probably has a rule to go at most 50 years into the future (from
the end of the current year), and else into the past. I imagine this
window slies by 1 year every year.

What I am looking for is a similar sliding rule for months within the
year, e.g., if the year is not specified, go up to 4 months into the
future or 8 month into the past. (I am more likely to enter past
transactions than future ones).

If it doesn't exist yet, I'd be happy to attempt a patch. -- Peter