Reconciliation question

MacDougall, Alexander amacdougall at hrsb.ns.ca
Fri Jan 21 10:03:15 EST 2011

I have just set up GnuCash and I'm not terribly familiar with the world
of accounting - however it does seem to be pretty easy with GnuCash.

I am really just tracking the transactions of a chequing account and
started with Aug 1.  I now have several bank statements that I'd like to
reconcile.  However, when I start the process the reconciliation
"wizard" indicates Opening Balance: $0.00 and thus my closing balance is
wrong.

When I set up the system, I entered the July 31/Aug 1 bank balance as
the Account opening blanace.

Advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandy