mysql server has an error, broken or wrong data.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jul 9 05:08:01 EDT 2011

On woensdag 6 juli 2011, Zhang Weiwu, Beijing wrote:
> Hello. This error message on the subject line is translated back from
> Chinese to English. Having Chinese GUI on an English installation
> (selected English on installer)
The language you select in the installer in only relevant for the installer's
screens. It has no impact on language GnuCash will use. If you want to modify
the language for GnuCash, please read this faq:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings#GnuCash_2.4.0_or_newer_2

> on a Chinese computer itself is a wired
> thing, but that's a separate bug or topic.
>
> Here is how this issue happened:
>
>     * Copy a working .gnucash file (produced by gnucash 2.2.9) to Windows
> XP * Install 2.4.7 on Windows XP
>     * Open the .gnucash file successfully.
>     * Save as mysql. fill in host and mysql username & password, click
>       "Save as" (mysql database is newly created and empty)
>     * Wait 5 minutes, get this error message:
>       "mysql server has an error, broken or wrong data."
>
> Where do you suggest me to go from here?

The gnucash trace file may have more details. What's in it ?
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Error_messages.2C_Trace_file

> By the way, I intended to use postgresql, but there is no such a save-as
> option in gnucash 2.4.7 XP edition.

This is odd. If I install GnuCash 2.4.7 on my Windows XP test system, I can
save to postgresql.

Geert