gnucash scripting extensions and automation

miland milan at milica.com.au
Fri Jul 22 00:57:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've been using Gnucash for some time in my small business. Apart from data
entry, I extended the reports to create my own invoice using some Scheme
programming.

I bill customers quarterly and it takes me long time to do a basically
repetitive task of creating invoices. In most cases, the only thing that
differs from customer to customer is the billing period and unit price.
Everything else is the same. I've been considering to write a piece of code
that would handle the repetitive boring part and now that I'm finally ready,
I can't find how/where to do it.

Is there a way of extending Gnucash menu to add new items? Ideally, custom
form with some custom fields, linked with a script (custom written) that
would process data using Gnucash engine?

Even something like keystroke macro recording/replay would be of great help.

Regards,
Milan