How to Delete Files in GnuCash

Maf King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Jun 19 13:00:30 EDT 2011

On Sunday 19 Jun 2011 16:34:14 Colin Law wrote:
> On 19 June 2011 14:33, William Lowder <wml.rexton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wanted to start with a clean system.  I used windows uninstall for the
> > old version of GnuCash, downloaded the current version and tried to
> > start GnuCash.  I got the message, file not found at start up, when I
> > checked the new install there were several files listed from when I
> > tried to use the previous version.  Selecting any of these files
> > resulted in a message file not found.

Are these files listed in the File menu of Gnucash?  - ie recently used files?

To get a completely clean install, you need to delete some user preferences
which get stored by default in ~/.gnucash and ~/.gconf folders (IIRC.)

There is no other way that I know of to remove them from the list, (other than
starting new files, so they get replaced!)

HTH,
Maf.