Problem Creating Scheduled Transactions on Customers

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Mar 7 17:25:28 EST 2011

On Monday 07 March 2011 22:13:23 Jane Stowe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Gnucash to track a playgroup's finances. We receive fee payments
> on a weekly basis from the parents (customers) & have customer accounts set
> up per child where invoices & payments are applied. Rather than entering
> the invoices on a weekly basis I would like to set these up as scheduled
> transactions but am having a problem. I created the scheduled transaction
> as follows (say for weekly fees of 32 euros): debit assets/accounts
> receivable 32 euros & credit income/fees received 32 euros using the
> customer name in the description/memo field. These transactions are created
> but not showing up under the customer account when I look at the customer
> under
> Business/Customer & then select customer & view customer bills & also if I
> look at the accounts receivable report. I used an existing customer invoice
> as the template when creating the scheduled transaction to ensure there
> were no typo's in the customer name etc. What am I missing/what should I do
> to be able to see these invoices on the actual customer account also? I
> have set up scheduled transactions for staff payroll etc which was fine, so
> am wondering what I'm missing this time?...any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jane,

Unfortunately, the scheduled txn generator and the "business features" (i.e.
New Invoice / New Bill stuff) don't talk to each other, so you can't do what
you want.

I understand that the latest 2.4.x versions have the ability to duplicate an
invoice, which is at least a step in the right direction.  (I haven't yet run
a copy of 2.4, so am only going on stuff I've seen in the release notes.)

HTH,
Maf.