GnuCash 2.4.3 (OS X) loads the wrong accounts file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Mar 13 11:57:46 EDT 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 10:09 PM, Brendan Simon wrote:

> On 13/03/11 3:11 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Mar 12, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Brendan Simon wrote:
>>
>>> When I tried to open a new accounts file, the file chooser dialog
>>> appears and I get to select my file.
>>>
>>> The problem is if I use click on the "Modified" column header to sort by
>>> date, the filename I clicked on is NOT the filename the GC tries to load.
>>>
>>> e.g. clicked on myaccounts.gnucash and it chose myaccounts.pdf.
>>>
>>> Obviously GC will not understand how to load a different file type (pdf
>>> in this case).
>>>
>>> If I do not sort, the the correct file is chosen and loaded by GC.
>>>
>>> Looks like a bug to me :(
>> Yes, and in Gtk+. What version of OSX are you running?
> I'm running on OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) Intel.  Not that the OS X
> version should make any difference as I imagine the app bundle contains
> all the gtk libraries etc (i.e. not using any libraries on the host
> system).  I presume the PPC build/app would exhibit the same symptoms
> (but I can't test that).

It turns out that OSX version can matter, though it's unlikely in this case. It saves me time if I try to replicate the problem first in the same OSX version as the reporter's.  The lower-level libraries do link to system libraries; otherwise, we wouldn't be able to draw on the screen, get input from the user or the network, or interact with the file system.

Regards,
John Ralls