GnuCash help

Cypriot cypbilgin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:17:24 EDT 2011

I need to post invoices to individual supplier accounts, once that
invoice is posted, the amounts should automatically go to the
appropriate categories in the trial balance, for example:

If i wanted to post the following Invoice : -
    3 Phone (Mobile Phone Bill)

                         Dated Sept 2009

                         Nett Amount - 12.26

                         vat Amount - 4.90

                         Gross Amount - 17.16

The Invoice should appear on the Supplier list, so an account activity
can be viewed at any time, showing all invoices/ credits been posted
to the account, and payments made.  The supplier account will have the
Gross value only.
Once the invoice has been posted, the invoice should be slit
automaically into the appropraite categories, for the above invoice,
you will need the following categories:L

Creditors Control Account         17.16
Mobile Phone  Account            12.26
Vat Account                                4.90

So basically even though we have a list of suppliers and detailed
accounts, we then need the information to automatically submit to the
main ledger, that will then give us accuarate figures in our trial
balance, which is needed to produce the profit and loss reports, and
balance sheets.  It is also a record for the vat returns to be
submitted correctly to either reclaim or pay the monies due.

I hope you understand my explanation