File Opens "Dirty" Every Time

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 17:05:53 EDT 2011

I just updated to 2.4.4 on Mac OS X 10.5.8, and I have noticed that every time I open Gnucash, my data file (old school compressed XML) is immediately marked as changed. I am not entirely sure why this would be.

I have recently added a number of scheduled transactions to my file, so I checked to see whether the dirty state was a result of a scheduled transaction. To test this, I opened Gnucash, saved the file, immediately exited Gnucash, and then started up again. I would assume that this second start up would not have any new scheduled transactions; however, this second start up still results in the file being marked dirty.

I suspect that this is not expected behavior. Can anyone comment?

TIA,
David