how to record an opening debit balance in a credit account

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:21:18 EDT 2011

Start with the opening balance in your CC statement you want to start
with.  In this case the Jan one.  Yes, you will use the equity:Opening
balance.  Your first transaction will be the current credit card and
the expense account you will track the particular expense from.

Then read up on how to reconcile and account and or people here can help.

Good luck, and gnucash is a great program.  Sometimes the help files
are a bit too general to help, but stick with it for the long haul.

Dennis