Error mesg opening file

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Tue Mar 22 00:13:43 EDT 2011

Hoi Han,

Am Montag, 28. Februar 2011 um 23:26:00 schrieb Han van der Ploeg:
> Hello,
>
> I got the following error message at the restart of my work.
>

> Er is een fout opgetreden bij het verwerken van het bestand
> file://D:\gnucash\dukdalf\2010\d2010.gnucash.20110226141351.gnucash
> <file:///D:\gnucash\dukdalf\2010\d2010.gnucash.20110226141351.gnucash> .

Attention, that is a backup file!

> This also happens  at opening of the  original file:
>
>  Er is een fout opgetreden bij het verwerken van het bestand
> file://C:\gnucash data\dukdalf\2010\D2010.gnucash.

Are spaces in file/directory names still a problem?

> Where can I found what kind of error happened?

Follow the instructions in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_should_I_obey_as_a_beginner_in_bug_reporting.2C_enhacement_requesting_....3F
ff.
E.g. call gnucash inside cmd.exe

> Originally version 2.4.2 was installed on the D drive, new I installed
> version 2.4.3 on the C drive, even the input is now copied tot the C drive.

If "input" means your data files, then Gnucash tries to open them at their old
location, but they moved from D: to C:. Then you should ignore the messages
at start and then File->Open... your new path.

> Saving of the data on Friday evening was o.k. but opening not.
>

> I am running on a new windows 7 machine 64 bit.

If the problem still continues, ask again, because under windows are some
issues reported. If possible, switch gnucash to english for the error
messages [http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings] because most people
on this list do not understand dutch error messages.

> Please advise

Groetjes
Frank