new user of Gnucash - questions

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Fri Mar 25 11:17:37 EDT 2011

Derek  Again, thank you for responding.  In the past we've used PCLaw for
Attorneys, and another accounting program prior to that.  PCLaw for Attorney
program especially requires, after reconciliation, that each month be
closed.  The end-of-year is exactly as you said and was performed after our
accountant had given the end of year journal entries to me for the
Income-Expense-Equity end of year accounting.   The end of year function
could not be completed if the end of month had not been performed.

I do not necessarily need to perform end of month functions, but according
to our accountant, even with computing, I do need to make the end of year
journal entries and then close out the year before continuing on into the
new year.

How would this work with Gnucash?  If this is not necessary, would you
please explain that to me? And why?  Thanks.

Diann I. Hayes
Legal Assistant
Horne Law Firm, PLLC
2315 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.