[Bulk] Re: new user of Gnucash - questions

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Sat Mar 26 21:58:43 EDT 2011

Well, it seems this has been an active topic!  I certainly do appreciate all
comments, and truly, your input is great and I'm learning...  Our law firm
is little - one attorney and one employee.  Ever hear of such a thing?!
Last year we had a major computer crash and the backup DVDs did not work.
Our computer tech was able to restore a good bit of data from the damaged
hard drive.  I was able to finish out the year with our accounting program
at that time - PCLaw Accounting for Attorneys.  There were some hiccups,
though, one of which was that I lost the ability to close out at "end of
month", and therefore was unable to close out the accounting year.  We have
lost confidence in that accounting program and in searching for something
more update and perhaps with more friendly user ability, I chose Gnucash
(through our tech's searching and downloading it onto my office desktop).  I
like it, and do want to continue using it.  I just may have to get use to
doing things differently, such as no more close outs.  I do the bookkeeping
and record keeping throughout the year, including payroll, and then we turn
over our business records to an accountant for end of year journal entries,
and for tax preparations.

Diann I. Hayes
Legal Assistant
Horne Law Firm, PLLC
2315 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.