importing from Skrooge

malcolm at notyourhomework.net malcolm at notyourhomework.net
Sun Mar 27 05:42:59 EDT 2011

On 25/03/2011, at 12:47 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Malcolm Fitzgerald <malcolm at notyourhomework.net> writes:
>
>> I have an account in Skrooge and I would like to move it to gnucash.
>>
>> Skrooge is able to export as qif, so it would seem to be a
>> straightforward process. However, when I select the file for import
>> gnucash complains that the qif file is not up to scratch. It says:
>> "Transaction date: Unrecognized or inconsistent format."
>>
>> Is this a known problem and how might I overcome it?
>
> Take a look at the 'D' entries in your qif file?

OK, Not as much detail as I would have liked but it was a start. I located the qif description at the Intuit web site. The give some examples, which sent me on a goose chase.

After much messing around. I discovered that the opening balance entry used a date that was 00-00-0000. This was the problem. Changing it to an actual date resolved the issue immediately.

Malcolm