Invoicing questions

Diann dhayes at hornelaw.us
Mon Mar 28 21:24:59 EDT 2011

1.	I like the invoice functionality.  However, I would like to be able
to have the functionality of actually editing the format of the invoice, to
change the column headings and to delete some of the columns altogether.  Is
there a way to do this?  For instance, I would like to replace the word
"Action"  with the word "Case", and "Quantity" with "Time" (Attorneys bill
clients on a time-billed basis.).  I would like to delete the discount
columns altogether.  I would also like to delete the tax column (for the
present time) with the option of adding them back in should it become
necessary to start charging a tax for services provided to clients.

2.	Is there a way to create a quick receipt for a one-time only billed
fee (such as for a consultation) instead of going through all the formality
of adding a customer, creating an invoice, posting, printing, paying the
invoice and receipting the client?   This would be in a case where a
potential client has an appointment for a one-hour consultation only and
decides not to go forward with a legal action and we will never see them
again.  The consultation could very well be over and done with before all
the above-mentioned data is entered in order to produce a receipt.

Thank you all so much for your input, suggestions and help.

Diann I. Hayes

Legal Assistant

Horne Law Firm, PLLC

2315 Market Street

Wilmington, NC 28403

Tel:  910.254.7901   Fax: 910.254.7903

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any interception, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and
unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify the sender listed herein and delete the electronic file,
and destroy any print of the original message.