Pay for report development

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 29 11:17:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

Munroe Sollog <sollog at digiraticonsulting.com> writes:

> if you're interested in a similar report we can pool our funds and
> perhaps intice someone.
>
> Munroe Sollog
> Systems Engineer
> Digirati Consulting, Inc
> sollog at digiraticonsulting.com
>
> On 03/28/2011 10:59 AM, Lewis Bergman wrote:
>> I asked a similar question a couple of months back without a response.
>> Munroe Sollog wrote:
>>> I am wondering if there are scheme developers on this list that are
>>> willing to be contracted to develop a report.  My specific request is to
>>> either extend the Income report or build a new report that reflects the
>>> accounts on a cash basis.

My recommendation is to come up with a full set of functional
requirements for your report:

* what will it be reporting
* over what accounts
* performing what computations
* with what filtering
* how should it be displayed?  (giving examples is good)

...  as much detail as you can.

Perhaps do this in a wiki page on the gnucash wiki?  And then send your
request to -devel with your offer(s).  If nothing else, thinking about
the problem thoroughly and laying out the requirements for the report
can help you clear your mind on what it needs to do, and perhaps help
the developers understand what you need and in what form.

Good Luck,