Setting up a mortgage and transactions entered in arrears (4 numbered questions)

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 09:54:18 EDT 2011

Peter,

I think my overall question is, what are you trying to achieve from the Mortgage Druid?

I've never used it myself, I've always setup my Mortgage by hand, but have setup both a new mortgage (when I refinanced) and a pre-existing mortgage and not had any real issues, the only "pain" that I have to do is every month I have to change my scheduled transaction to have the correct split between interest and principal, but your situation may be different than mine.

Which brings me full circle back to my original question, what are you looking for GNUCash to do for you, what are you hoping from using the Mortgage Druid will happen vs setting up these accounts manually?

- James Duerr

E-mail: FireFlys_98 at yahoo.com