gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 24 10:33:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

Maf King <maf at chilwell.net> writes:

>> As root it gave only the lines I posted before.... (but I don't run
>> gnucash as root anymore.... ;-) )
>>
>> Running as a normal user it gives more intresting information!
>>
>> richard at laptopVinke:~$ more /tmp/gnucash.trace
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module gnucash/app-utils
>> interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module gnucash/engine
>> interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/register/ledger-core interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/register/register-core interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/register/register-gnome interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/import-export/qif-import interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/report-system interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/stylesheets interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/standard-reports interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/utility-reports interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/locale-specific/us interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.module> Could not locate module
>> gnucash/report/report-gnome interface v.0
>> * 12:51:01  WARN <gnc.bin> GnuCash engine failed to initialize.  Exiting.
>>
>> I think this is a lead!
>>

> Hi  Richard,
>
> That does seem odd.  I don't really have any idea now. Over to a guru who uses
> Ubuntu!
>
> When you had the non-MySQL Gnucash working, what version was it?  did you
> uninstall completely or just "upgrade" for the SQL backend?
>
> You mentioned about removing ~/.gnucash, there are some settings stored in
> ~.gconf (IIRC - might be .gconf2 or .gconfd??)
>
> Maf.

This really looks like GnuCash was not built/installed properly.
Maybe as a result of a failed build?  Or two overlapping builds?  Or
building from source over a pre-installed/packaged version?