gnuCash on IOS

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Nov 17 15:37:12 EST 2011

On Nov 17, 2011, at 12:48 AM, Юрий Васильцов wrote:

> Hello!
> Your wonderful program gnuCash is for all desktop OS, including a version
> for MacOs X.
> Please tell me whether it will be ported to IOS and IPad? Generally
> possible to port a program gnuCash on IOS?
> Is there some kind of global causes, the fact that it is still not on a
> mobile device?

Sorry, not going to happen.

There are major differences between OSX and iOS that would make a direct port difficult. Moreover, there are several parts of Gnucash which are implemented in ways that Apple wouldn't like (so they wouldn't let it into the App Store).

Android requires Java, and Gnucash isn't written in Java, so that isn't going to happen either.

Regards,
John Ralls