[BUG] Split Transactions Should Not Be Assumed

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Fri Oct 7 20:30:03 EDT 2011

A couple weeks ago my Mom lent me some money.  I deposited most of it
in the bank, keeping some of it as less cash, then recorded it as a
split transaction with one account being my personal checking and the
other being cash in wallet.  The memo was "Mom".

A couple days ago my Mom lent me some more money.  I entered Mom in
the memo field, then GnuCash automatically entered a split
transaction.  I did not want that, but clicking on the account field
was unable to remove the split.

I finally figured out how to clear the split, but it was
counterintuitive.  Splits should only be entered if the user
explicitly asks for them.

Don Quixote

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha