Gnucash versions

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Fri Oct 14 12:12:27 EDT 2011

"never" is a little strong. I had a postgresql database corrupted by a crash
in a way that seemed pretty unrecoverable. So only use  the database backend
if you know how to take backups. (I had a current XML backup of the postgres
so I never even tried to fix the broken one :-))

Don't know if it was mentioned but the other benefit of the DB backend is
that it relies on the database's security. For those who want to password
protect their gnucash file, the databases provide a solution (sqlite, not so
much).