Transfering GnuCash files from Ubuntu to Windows 7

Bob Plantz rgplantz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 11:07:45 EDT 2011

On 9/17/2011 2:46 PM, James M Angst wrote:
> I have version 2.4.2 on Ubuntu and I want to get this data into
> Windows 7.  I see that there is a Windows version of GnuCash .  Will
> the data files in the Linux version also run in the Windows version of
> GnuCash?
> Jim
Works fine for me. I use the GnuCash XML files. I did it a couple of
years ago, but as I recall, I installed GnuCash under Windows 7, and
then launched it. That created the folder C:Users\bob\My
Documents\gnucash. I copied the latest .gnucash and .xac files from the
corresponding folder in Ubuntu. Once I did that, I think the next time I
started GnuCash in Windows 7 I had to double-click on the .gnucash file
that I had just copied from Ubuntu.

--Bob