Custom Reports

casi casi at maanreri.de
Mon Apr 23 15:16:01 EDT 2012

The idea of a 'central file exchange' or including them directly is far
beyond my current horizon.

What struck me a bit is that the documenation in the gnucash project
does not really invite someone to produce own reports:

1. Scheme came to me rather as a shock, before I could turn it into a
challange (the Wiki was a great help already here)
2. Going through the existing (sophisticated) reports to understand the
API is not too attracting for someone who has to deal with 1.

And when collecting reports from more and more authors, we should also
make sure that report information (the idea of a certain report and it's
constraints) is documented, too.

I see that the Wiki is perfectly perpared for this, it just misses some
flesh to  the bones for people like me, so this is where my current
ambition lies.

There is still a long way to go until I will be happy to present my own
stuff to the public.

But I am very happy to hear that someone else might in fact check my
Wiki-updates and might even prevent it from becoming too error prone.
Yes, please, pitch in!

/Carsten