GNU Cash Program : Printing General Ledger

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 21 05:07:54 EDT 2012

On Mon 20 August 12 18:48:15 Ferdie van der Merwe wrote:
> Derek,
>

> Once I have the report I want, how do I save it for future use?
>
> Regards
>
> Ferdie van der Merwe

Hi Ferdie,

Glad you got the info you need at last.

If you want to save the report output that you have just generated, then there
is an "Export" button on the toolbar, which will let you save the page as a
html file on disk.

If you want to remember all the option settings etc, so that you can easily
re-generate the report at some time in the future, then you need the "Add
Report" button.  This will be greyed-out until you have made a change to the
"report name" in the options.

Your customised report will be found under Reports->Custom (which on 2.4.10
opens a dialog box, older versions had a nested menu).  Note that permanently
altering the options in a custom report is not an easy thing to do, so be sure
that you have them set just right before you "add" it!  (You can of course
tweak them each time you create the report)

HTH,
Maf.