Hide invoice currency

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 23 08:51:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

"Lloyd Carter" <lgcarter523 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I'm in the process of migrating to gnucash 2.4.11. The country I live in
> uses USD but I am not in the USA. I need my invoices to show the amounts
> without the currency, ie 244.55 instead of USD 244.55 in order to have my
> invoices recognised by my fiscal register. Is this possible? I have had a
> look at the invoice.scm file but can't find an appropriate line.

If your country uses USD then your computer's locale should be set to
USD, which means it should use the currency symbol ($) instead of the
tag.  If it's not doing this then it implies your locale is wrong or
broken.

You can fix this by adding something like:

LC_MONETARY=en_US

to force the currency locale into US to use the Symbol.

Unfortunately there's not a good way to NOT print the currency name.
There certainly is no UI for it.

Good Luck,