GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 18:05:35 EST 2012

I have installed GnuCash 2.4.7 on my laptop, and this copy causes no problem
with the accounts file from Friday which immediately preceded the crashes.

I therefore uninstalled GnuCash from my desktop PC, removed all the accounts
except the accounts file from Friday, and deleted ~/.gnucash before
reinstalling, but the same problem arises.

My desktop has Ubuntu 10.04, and the version of GnuCash which was installed
by the Ubuntu Software Centre is a little older (July 2011) than the laptop
one (2nd Aug 2011), although the version number is the same.

Could it be that one of the routine system upgrades has introduced something
incompatible with GnuCash?