GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 6 13:47:27 EST 2012

On Feb 6, 2012, at 9:43 AM, foxylady337 wrote:

> I've just built version 2.4.99 following the instructions here...
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_10.04_LTS_.28Lucid_Lynx.29
>
> ...and I no longer suffer the crash when I open the Account Summary Report
> and close it.
>
> I may be wrong, but it seemed to me that an early stage of the build process
> removed guile 8.1 and replaced it with 6.1 (or something similar).
>
> Is there a set of instructions for making this version the definitive
> version on my system?

No, that's the development trunk, and we strongly urge you NOT to use it on your "real" data. We make it available for testing only.

If you actually followed the instructions correctly, you installed guile-1.8. (Ubuntu probably had installed guile-1.6). It's entirely possible that that's the difference, because the reports are written in Guile; the note about not having guile-1.8.slib and the instruction to fix it might, if you followed them correctly, have fixed your 2.4.9 gnucash. Try it out.

One of the differences between trunk and 2.4 is that trunk doesn't use slib, so if you didn't follow the slib instructions correctly, trunk would still work.

Regards,
John Ralls