GnuCash 2.4.10 released

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Tue Feb 7 11:06:59 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
Derek Atkins
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:14
To: Gour
Cc: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org; gnucash-devel at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: Re: GnuCash 2.4.10 released

Gour <gour at atmarama.net> writes:

> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 22:16:44 +0100
> Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> wrote:
>
>> GnuCash 2.4.10 released
>
> Congratulations to all devs for another release!
>
> We also wonder if this is last one in 2.4.x series before going to
> more substantional changes?

I think it might depend on how long it takes to get out the 2.5 test series,
and how many significant bugs we find in 2.4 in the meantime.

> Sincerely,
> Gour

	I am on WinXP and unable to run or debug anything newer than 2.4.9
stable (at least starting whith r21886)...  This includes 2.4.10.  When I
run gnucash.exe, gconfd-2.exe raises an application error.  Since it is
happening in a "stable" version, I ran gnucash.exe with --debug --extra and
clicked OK to terminate when the application error pops up, and the trace
file was empty.  I tried again and clicked cancel to debug and then
gconfd-2.exe launched and crashed again.   This time it launched
repetitively even when I clicked OK to cancel (it appeared to be launched by
gspawn-win32-helper.exe most times).  The application error is always as
follows:
The instruction at "0x7c910cce" referenced memory at "0x676f7250".  The
memory could not be "read".
The second attempt at least left a little bit of data in the log file at
some point, so I have attached it.  I am guessing this is related to the new
version of GTK, as it seems like that was mentioned in r21886 as well.  Is
WinXP supposed to still be supported?  Is there anything else I can try to
get more information?  Thanks,
	Dustin