How to print VAT rates on the invoices

William Anderle william.anderle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 04:39:30 EST 2012

Hello everybody
I'd need help with a function of GnuCash
Please not that I'm not a programmer, neither an accounting expert, so
excuse me if my terms aren't perfect.

I'm trying testing GnuCash on a little Italian business, to see if it
could be a suitable accounting program.

As far as I see, it lacks a very important function which my client (and
I suppose many others) absolutely needs:
the ability to print on the invoices the VAT rate applied on the
individual terms.

I try to be more clear:
-when I insert the data into the invoices, I'm able to chose different
VAT rates (eg., 10% on manpower, 20% on goods and so on);
-when I print the invoice, the final sum is correct; however, the print
page rather than than the different VAT rates just shows a "T" which
means "taxable".
Please take a look at the image below to better understand what I mean:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3516/gnucashproblem2.jpg

Is it possibile to print the VAT rate rather than just a "T"?
If yes, how?

Thanks to everyone for help.

Best regards

--