Search function

dniezby daveniezby at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 10:39:28 EST 2012

trythis wrote

> I am using Gnucash 2.4.10 on Windows 7 64 bit
>
> The search function seems to be "weak"
> Searching for a single value entry does not work, most of the time. I can
> search with multiple options and gnucash will occasionally find an item,
> but for the most part, even if I can see it in a registry, I get blank
> search results. Anything I can do about this?
>
> I have reinstalled a couple of times, relocated my file, but no
> improvement.

Search works fine for me too. I think you're using it wrong.  I can search
for and find a single value entry.

Go to the register you wish to search.  Select VALUE = 4  and it will list
every transaction that has a value of $4.

Or NUMBER = check number  for the check number

or any of the other combinations.

You're going to definitely have to clarify this the problem you're
experiencing because the search function works fine.