Crash When Entering Tax Data - GC 2.4.4 (Debian Squeeze Backports)

Digger careycher1 at msn.com
Tue Feb 28 13:32:05 EST 2012

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest!

Well, this is your lucky day!  I'm fairly new to Linux and don't have much
experience chasing bugs (at least since my FORTRAN and MS-DOS days).

I googled bug 611474, but could not get anything that I could understand.

As per your instructions, I replicated the problem.  Here are the entire
contents of the resultant "/tmp/gnucash.trace file:

---------------------------------------

* 11:20:06  CRIT <Gtk> gtk_entry_set_text: assertion `text != NULL' failed

John, I realize you are looking for more information and I am eager to
comply....I'm just a bit uneducated concerning these matter is all.  In
order to up the verbosity in the above-mentioned gnucash.trace file, do I
need to load the debian "gdb" package and go to school on it?  (Once again,
I'm using Debian Squeeze atm.)

Thanks for your help!

-----
www.astronautbiker.com