Searching within splits

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 12 22:44:54 EST 2012

Is it possible to search for transactions whose splits contain certain
strings (e.g. to find all transactions which have a split containing a
given string in their notes)?

The Find window has the top line that says "Search splits" but it
doesn't seem to match strings in the notes section of split lines within
transactions. Section 7.1 Find Transactions in the Gnucash Help Manual
doesn't seem to help with this.

And speaking of Section 7.1 Find Transactions, it says " When a new
search is started only the New Search button is selectable. The other
buttons become selectable only when the Search Results register window
is visible." This isn't true on my GnuCash (2.4.8 running on OS X
10.6.8). If I do a Find Transactions when there is no Search Results
register window visible, all four buttons are selectable, and the
default isn't even New Search, it's Refine Current search!

Peter
--

Peter Lamb

Canberra, ACT