Searching within splits

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 12 23:43:51 EST 2012

Thanks for the quick reply, John, but searching on Memo instead of
Description doesn't seem to work for me, even for strings I *know* are
in splits (because I'm looking straight at them). I've checked that it's
not a case sensitivity problem (the Case Insensitive? button is left
pressed as in the default), and also I've tried using the correct case
in the typed in match string, with both Case Insensitive pressed and not
pressed.

I'm doing the search by selecting the account I want to search (with no
Search Results window in the accounts tabs), then pressing command-F and
doing the search as described above. This seems to work as I expect for
searches in transactions that aren't split. Whether I select New Search
or Refine Current Search (the window default) doesn't seem to make a
difference.

Peter