Any differences in choosing MySql vrs XML file?

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Wed Jan 25 09:36:16 EST 2012

Use of a database allows you to make use of the database's security. This
can give you password protection of data. The quality of the security then
depends on the dbms and not on gnucash (though your data will still be in
memory when the application is running, if you are really paranoid).

Use of a database complicates keeping of a backup. Backing up a mysql db is
not the same as making a copy of an XML file.

None of this helps with trying to make gnucash a multi-user application.

Keith