Linking a bill to a payment.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 29 15:27:23 EST 2012

Op dinsdag 3 januari 2012 21:33:15 schreef John:
> During the course of the year I duplicated some transactions in the
> checking account register to quickly pay a recurring bill.  Later I
> added the bill using  "Business -> Vendor -> New Bill".   Now those
> "bills" are showing up in the "Bills Due Reminder".  How do I link those
> bills to the payments that were already made?
I don't know of an easy way in GnuCash 2.4. The only thing you can do is
remove the entries in you checking account register and then use the Pay Bill
(or the Bills Due Reminder dialog) to add the payments for the open bills. If
you already reconciled your checking account, you will have to reconcile these
payments again.

The development version has some improvements in this area. There you can
right-click on the payment transaction in your checking account register and
choose to link it to a bill.

Geert