GnuCash PostgreSQL support

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 31 23:48:12 EST 2012

Hi Tarlika,

[Hand up!] I'd be interested in any SQL-reports people have done for
GNUcash, especially if they're 'small' ones (easier to decipher) :-)

I use PostgreSQL a bit with GIS and other records, and intend to play
with GNUcash in pg along the way too...

seeing how/what others wrote would be handy for learning more tricks...
I am comfortable with SQL but using other means to implement it like
Python or Ruby is new stuff to me. Be nice to see how others have made
use of the SQL option in GNUcash :-)

As others commented, I know the xml versions can still have things
written for custom reporting etc, but I've not delved into that because
I'm familiar with SQL but not with much else.

Did you post/share your work somewhere general, or emailing on-request?

Regards,
Shane.