Ques: downloading financial transactions into GnuCash

Paul Conrady paulc at mydurango.net
Tue Jul 3 13:50:29 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am hoping someone could give me a few pointers on downloading financial
transactions into GnuCash. I want to download mutual fund transactions from
Vanguard Group, Inc. GnuCash is able to download the transactions from the
Vanguard server because the transactions show up in the GnuCash OFX.LOG
file. The problem is the transactions do not show up in the account
register. A small dialog pops up immediately after the download process
ends, which says, "The Online Banking Import returned no transactions for
the selected time period."  It seems that the program is not parsing the
downloaded text. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you very much,

Paul