new rupee symbol in windows version of gnucash

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:41:22 EDT 2012

Namaste,

Am 25.07.2012 12:53, schrieb Supplementary Education Services:
> Hello, I am using gnucash 2.4.11 for Windows in Windows 7 OS. I have
> updated the OS to get the new rupee symbol ₹ and it is defined in my locale
> (I checked).
Got only the locale settings an update or also the fonts? When the Euro
was introduced we had to switch from ISO-8859-1 to ISO-8859-15 to see a
€, but you will shurely need a switch to some new indic fonts which
contain ₹.
> However, gnucash shows the currency prefix for INR with a
> question-mark, eg, ? 2,300.78
Where do you see "?" in reports or the GUI?
For the reports you will have to check and adjust the fonts in
Edit->Preferences->Stylesheets.
For the GUI I would check the Fonts in the Gnome Control Center, but I
don't know, where to search on windows.
> Is there a solution to this? Thankyou, D. Jana
HTH
Frank