Can I add a Tag for each transaction?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jul 26 16:44:49 EDT 2012

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
"Chan.pat93" <Chan.pat93 at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> I am using credit card to pay the expense (phone bill, insurance…etc)
> of each family member. Therefore, if a Tag is assigned to each family
> member and added to each transaction. At the end of each year, by
> using the sorting function (Moneydance can sort Tag and do analysis
> based on the Tagged transaction) I can have a better understand on
> the amount of expenses by each family member.

An alternate method is to add more detail into the expense fields
eg
Expense:Phone:Angela
Expense:Phone:Mark
Expense:Insurance:Angela
Expense:Insurance:Mark

You can then build a custom report for Angela and another for Mark,
change the report names (eg from Income & Expense chart to Angela's
Expenses) and then save the custom report.