Gnucash 2.4.9 wrong date format for locale? (OS X 10.6.8)

Titus Nachbauer mail at titusnachbauer.com
Fri Jul 27 01:30:10 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:33 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2012, at 4:09 PM, prl wrote:
>
> > Surely the use of GnuCash on OS X beyond the USA and South Africa (which
> also appears to use 07/31/2010) is widespread enough that this bug affects
> more people than just titusn and me!
>
> South Africa? Titus said that he's using nl_NL, which isn't South Africa.
>
> Anyway, I can confirm that whatever changed, changed between the 2.4.8 and
> 2.4.9, but after testing new builds I can also say that the change isn't in
> Gnucash. It's in a dependency package; I just need to figure out which one.
> In the meantime, you can set LC_TIME to your locale (en_AU for you and
> nl_NL for Titus) in Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash by adding the line
>
> export LC_TIME=en_AU
>
> anywhere before the last line.

Hi John,

Yes, it's the Netherlands. But that's not too far from South Africa as seen
from Oz. :-)

Thanks a lot for the workaround. That is working for me. Perfect timing, I
just finished the balance sheet and now I can print it with the correct
dates! Be sure to let us know once you found the dependency.

Titus

www.titusnachbauer.com