Finance::Quote fails to update after Mountain Lion OS/X install

Steve Drach drach at itsit.org
Mon Jul 30 10:12:03 EDT 2012

>> I installed Mountain Lion, and Xcode.  I installed command line tools for Xcode.  I control clicked "Finance::Quote Update" on the Gnucash-Intel-2.4.11 dmg.  I get an alert that says "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 100030).
>
> Does your account have admin privs? F::Q Update needs "sudo".

Yes, my account has admin privilege.  But the password dialog doesn't come up.  I opened terminal, cd'ed in the dmg and then tried "sudo open Finance::Quote" but this brings up an alert that tells me F::Q can't be opened because it is not signed by a known developer (new "feature" in Mountain Lion).  The work around is to right click the icon to open but, I don't know how to do that as sudo.  That is, I don't know how to operate the GUI interface as sudo.  Perhaps if I use sudo to open the dmg?  Nope, that didn't work either.