Customer refund

scar scar at drigon.com
Tue Jul 31 18:08:25 EDT 2012

Keith Fetterman @ 07/27/2012 08:29 AM:
> was able to find the thread of emails on nabble:
>
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Credit-Note-Alternatives-tt4397807.html
>
> Take a look at Geert's and Bob's responses.

thanks but i'm not sure i'm smart enough to figure this out.

so i created an invoice with a negative quantity for "Rent" from the
Income:Rent income account, and then i add another line and i used
Assets:Refunds for the Income Account to cancel out that.

then i added a new entry for my physical check that i'm sending to the
customer using my Checking Account and the Assets:Refunds account.  this
zeroes out the Assets:Refunds account but my Customer Report still shows
a credit.

if i try to process a payment for the credit, instead it just doubles
the credit due in the Customer Report