Active/Inactive Accounts

Hilary hilary at mayfirst.org
Thu Jun 14 13:02:03 EDT 2012

Is there a way to create new accounts and then inactivate them later.  I
work with a nonprofit organization.  Sometimes we get special grants for
specific projects and i think it's easier in gnucash to add special
accounts to track the income and spending.  but i don't want to make the
account list bloated over time - especially as many of these projects
are one year only.  i don't want to delete any history, but is there a
way to do this or some other method that i should consider for tracking
specific project budgets?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,
Hilary