trouble with reconciling

Paula Hendricks paula at ph-webnet.com
Wed Mar 7 15:15:32 EST 2012

i've just set up my accounts in gnucash (vers 2.4.10) and all is going well, until now. i'm trying to reconcile my accounts and while i can add the statement date and the amount, when i check OK, nothing happens. as i understand it, a window should open with funds in and funds out and then i can check off the corresponding transactions to reach 0. but no window opens so i can't reconcile anything.

i've tried reading the manual, looking in the archives... nothing. i've tried reconciling via the button on the screen and through the menus... i've even tried manually changing the Reconcile in each transaction, but i can't get to R. I can get cleared and new ... blah blah.

maybe this is simple and i'm just missing it. any help greatly appreciated. thank you.

	ph