Gnucash 2.4.10-1 Windows +MySQL GUI now hangs at various places... almost becoming UNUSABLE!

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Mar 13 13:06:41 EDT 2012

On 13 March 2012 at 8:42, Neil Marks said:

> Interesting,  I do still have 2 instances running... on checking one
> instance is from gnucash\bin directory and the other is from
> gnucash\libexec directory but they are different sizes.. one is 101kb and
> the other is 435kb... Regards, Neil

FWIW, I also see two instances of gconfd-2.exe. One has just about double
the memory occupancy of the other, but both appear constant. When I close
gnucash they hang around for a couple of seconds after it's gone, and
then vanish simultaneously (as near as I can tell, anyway).

2.4.10 on WinXP-SP3. No slow-UI-response problems (well, nothing is ever
fast enough, but ...).