processing invoices and bills

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 14 07:34:32 EDT 2012

On Wed 14 March 12 04:17:08 Ed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a number of regular customers and vendors that I have entered into my
> database to process invoices and bills. For one off customers or vendors, I
> enter a split transaction in the current account to account for VAT paid
> out/received. When I do a transaction report for VAT, the VAT for the split
> transactions for the one off customers are accounted for but the invoices
> and bills processed via my customer/vendor database do not show the VAT
> paid out/received. Where am I going wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,

Sounds like you may not have set up the tax tables correctly for the AR
invoices.

Business Menu -> Tax Tables  allows you to set pre-defined rates (eg. 20%
input, 5% input and 20% output) and the appropriate transfer accounts (VAT
input/output).  These rates will be automatically added and the VAT split off
to the correct accounts when you post an invoice/bill.

HTH,
Maf.