sql server compact

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 15 00:05:47 EDT 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 4:05 PM, David T. wrote:

> Gnucash relies on libdbi (http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/) for database abstraction. That page says that FreeTDS is a driver that will access MS SQL Server, but I haven't heard of anyone using it with Gnucash. Maybe you will be the one to try it out and report back to this group?

Even with DBI intermediating the SQL access, each SQL Server has unique setup requirements that are handled in src/backends/dbi/dbibackend.c. At present, we support *only* SQLite3, MySQL, and Postgres. We do not have the resources to support other backends, even though libdbi has drivers available for them. Sorry.

Regards,
John Ralls